Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group
Welcome to the page of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group of the University of Alicante. Here you will find information about the members of our group, our publications and an overview of our activities. Check the events page if you want information about upcoming events such as workshops, tutorials or special issues of journals.
Our group is part of the Department of Software and Computing Systems at the University of Alicante.
- 2023-01-24: New paper accepted: Adrian Rosello, Jose J. Valero-Mas, Antonio Javier Gallego, Javier Sáez-Pérez, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza: "Kurcuma: a Kitchen Utensil Recognition Collection for Unsupervised Domain Adaptation". In Pattern Analysis and Applications.
- 2023-01-20: New paper accepted: María Alfaro-Contreras, Antonio Ríos-Vila, Jose J. Valero-Mas, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza: "Few-Shot Symbol Classification via Self-Supervised Learning and Nearest Neighbor". In Pattern Recognition Letters.
- 2023-01-17: New paper accepted: Juan R. Rico-Juan, Víctor M. Sánchez-Cartagena, Jose J. Valero-Mas, and Antonio Javier Gallego. "Identifying Student Profiles within Online Judge systems using Explainable Artificial Intelligence". In Transactions on Learning Technologies
- 2022-12-29: New paper accepted: María Alfaro-Contreras, Jose J. Valero-Mas, Jose M. Iñesta, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza: "Late multimodal fusion for image and audio music transcription". In Expert Systems With Applications.
- 2022-12-24: New paper accepted: Alejandro Sánchez-Ferrer, Jose J. Valero-Mas, Antonio Javier Gallego, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "An Experimental Study on Marine Debris Location and Recognition using Object Detection". In Pattern Recognition Letters.
- 2022-11-30: The PhD thesis "Contributions to Document Image Analysis: Application to Music Score Images" presented by Francisco José Castellanos Regalado has obtained a Cum Laude.
- 2022-11-13: New paper accepted: Jose J. Valero-Mas, Antonio Javier Gallego, Pablo Alonso-Jiménez, Xavier Serra. "Multilabel Prototype Generation for Data Reduction in k-Nearest Neighbour classification". In Pattern Recognition.
- 2022-10-31: New paper accepted: Fabian C. Moss, Néstor Nápoles López, Maik Köster and David Rizo. Challenging sources: a new dataset for OMR of diverse 19th-century music theory examples". In WoRMS 2022.
- 2022-10-27: Antonio Rios-Vila has been awarded as the Best Project at the 4th edition of the Desafío Aporta of the Spanish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation with the project "HelpVoice!". 2022-10-27
- 2022-09-02: New paper accepted: Carlos Garrido-Munoz, Antonio Rios-Vila, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "A holistic approach for image-to-graph: Application to Optical Music Recognition". In: International Journal on Document Analysis and Recognition (IJDAR)