Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group
Welcome to the page of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group of the University of Alicante. Here you will find information about the members of our group, our publications and an overview of our activities. Check the events page if you want information about upcoming events such as workshops, tutorials or special issues of journals.
Our group is part of the Department of Software and Computing Systems at the University of Alicante.
- 2022-07-26: New work presented at the IAML 2022 in Prague: David Rizo, Teresa Delgado, Jorge Calvo, Antonio Madueño, Patricia García-Iasci; "Speeding-up the encoding of mensural collections from Spanish libraries"
- 2022-07-17: New paper accepted: Francisco J. Castellanos, Carlos Garrido-Munoz, Antonio Ríos-Vila, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "Region-based Layout Analysis of Music Score Images". In Expert Systems With Applications
- 2022-07-14: New paper accepted: Antonio Rios-Vila, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza, Jose M. Iñesta. "An End-to-End Approach for Full-Page Optical Music Recognition of Mensural Documents". In: 23rd International Society for Music Information Retrieval Conference (ISMIR 2022)
- 2022-07-08: New paper accepted: María Alfaro-Contreras, Jose J. Valero-Mas, Jose M. Iñesta and Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "Multimodal strategies for image and audio music transcription: A comparative study". In 3rd International Workshop on Pattern Recognition for Cultural Heritage.
- 2022-07-08: New paper accepted: Antonio Ríos-Vila, María Alfaro-Contreras, Jose J. Valero-Mas, and Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "Few-Shot Music Symbol Classification via Self-Supervised Learning and Nearest Neighbor". In 3rd International Workshop on Pattern Recognition for Cultural Heritage
- 2022-07-04: New paper accepted: Samer Alashhab, Antonio Javier Gallego, and Miguel Ángel Lozano, "Efficient Gesture Recognition for the Assistance of Visually Impaired People using Multi-Head Neural Networks". In Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence
- 2022-05-30: The poster "An On-line Tool for Transcription of Music Scores: MuRET" has been presented by Jose M. Iñesta and Martha Thomae at the first international conference "The Sound of Future/The Future of Sound". Montreal, Canada.
- 2022-05-25: New conference: "New trends in Optical Music Recognition" by Jose M. Iñesta. In the first international conference "The Sound of Future/The Future of Sound". Montreal, Canada.
- 2022-05-17: New paper accepted: Carlos Garrido-Munoz, Adrian Sanchez-Hernandez, Francisco J. Castellanos, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza. "Continual Learning for Document Image Binarization". In 26th International Conference on Pattern Recognition (ICPR)
- 2022-05-06: The paper "The CleanSea Set: A Benchmark Corpus for Underwater Debris Detection and Recognition" by Alejandro Sánchez-Ferrer, Antonio-Javier Gallego, Jose J. Valero-Mas and Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza has been granted the "Best Paper Award" at IbPRIA 2022.