Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group
Welcome to the page of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group of the University of Alicante. Here you will find information about the members of our group, our publications and an overview of our activities. Check the events page if you want information about upcoming events such as workshops, tutorials or special issues of journals.
Our group is part of the Department of Software and Computing Systems at the University of Alicante.
- 2019-12-17: The Digital Libraries for Music Workshop (DLfM 2019) has taken place in Delft (The Nederlands) co-located with ISMIR, organized by David Rizo.
- 2019-12-17: The Degree Thesis “Holistic Recognition of Music Scores” by María Alfaro and tutorized by Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza and José M. Iñesta has been awarded with the second prize in Engineering in the 18th Archimedes University Competition of Scientific Research.
- 2019-12-17: The PhD thesis "Towards Interactive Multimodal Music Transcription" by Jose Javier Valero-Más, supervised by José M. Iñesta, has received the extraordinary award of doctorate in computer science by the University of Alicante.
- 2019-09-17: New paper presented: L. Mico, J. Oncina, J.M. Iñesta: "Adaptively learning to recognize symbols in handwritten early music". In: Music and Machine Learning Workshop at ECML/PKDD 2019.
- 2019-09-16: The Music and Machine Learning MML 2019 workshop took place successfully in Würzburg (Germany) co-located with ECML-PKDD 2019. More than 50 delegates attended the workshop.
- 2019-08-26: New paper accepted: J. Calvo-Zaragoza, A.H. Toselli, E. Vidal: "Handwritten Music Recognition for Mensural Notation with Convolutional Recurrent Neural Networks" In: Pattern Recognition Letters
- 2019-07-03: New paper accepted: S. Alashhab, A.-J. Gallego, A. Pertusa, and P. Gil: "Precise Ship Location with CNN Filter Selection from Optical Aerial Images" In: IEEE Access.
- 2019-06-17: New paper accepted: J. R. Rico-Juan, A.-J. Gallego, J. Calvo-Zaragoza: "Automatic detection of inconsistencies between numerical scores and textual feedback in peer-assessment processes with machine learning". In: Computers & Education
- 2019-06-12: New paper accepted: A.J. Gallego, P. Gil, A.Pertusa, R.B. Fisher: "Semantic segmentation of SLAR imagery with Convolutional LSTM Selectional AutoEncoders". In: Remote Sensing.
- 2019-06-10: New paper accepted: A. Pacha, J. Calvo-Zaragoza, J. Hajič, jr.: "Learning Notation Graph Construction for Full-Pipeline Optical Music Recognition". In: 20th annual conference of the International Society for Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR),