Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group
Welcome to the page of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group of the University of Alicante. Here you will find information about the members of our group, our publications and an overview of our activities. Check the events page if you want information about upcoming events such as workshops, tutorials or special issues of journals.
Our group is part of the Department of Software and Computing Systems at the University of Alicante.
- 2021-02-03: The PhD thesis "An End-to-End Framework for Audio to Score Music Transcription" presented by Miguel Angel Román has obtained a Cum Laude
- 2020-10-16: The 7th International Conference on Digital Libraries for Musicology
DLfM 2020) has taken place virtually, organized by David Rizo as general chair.
- 2020-10-03: New paper accepted: Juan R. Rico-Juan, Jose J. Valero-Mas, and Jose M. Iñesta: "Bounding Edit Distance for similarity-based sequence classification on Structural Pattern Recognition". In: Applied Soft Computing.
- 2020-09-28: New paper accepted: J. Ortega-Bastida, A.-J. Gallego, J.R. Rico-Juan, and P. Albarrán: "Regional Gross Domestic Product Prediction using Twitter Deep Learning Representations". In: 17th International Conference on Applied Computing.
- 2020-09-19: New paper accepted: A.-J. Gallego, J. Calvo-Zaragoza, and R.B. Fisher: "Incremental Unsupervised Domain-Adversarial Training of Neural Networks". In: IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems.
- 2020-09-18: The 13th edition of the Machine Learning and Music workshop (MML2020) has taken place virtually, organized by Jose M. Iñesta, within the ECML/PKDD 2020 conference.
- 2020-09-18: New paper presented at the 13th international workshop MML 2020: Francisco J. Castellanos, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza, and Jose M. Iñesta. "Two-step neural cross-domain experiments forfull-page recognition of Mensural documents"
- 2020-09-11: Antonio Rios-Vila has been awarded with the Best Video Presentation at the 17th International Conference on Frontiers of Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR 2020)
- 2020-08-28: New paper accepted: Antonio Ríos-Vila, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza and David Rizo: "Evaluating simultaneous recognition and encoding for Optical Music Recognition". In: 7th International Conference on Digital Libraries for Musicology (DLfM 2020)
- 2020-07-17: New paper accepted: Aurelia Bustos, Antonio Pertusa, Jose María Salinas, Maria de la Iglesia-Vayá, : "PadChest: A large chest x-ray image dataset with multi-label annotated reports". In: Medical Image Analysis