Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group
Welcome to the page of the Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Group of the University of Alicante. Here you will find information about the members of our group, our publications and an overview of our activities. Check the events page if you want information about upcoming events such as workshops, tutorials or special issues of journals.
Our group is part of the Department of Software and Computing Systems at the University of Alicante.
- 2020-04-08: New paper published: L. Micó, J. Oncina & J.M. Iñesta: "Adaptively Learning to Recognize Symbols in Handwritten Early Music". In: Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases.
- 2020-02-17: New paper accepted: H. Cuevas-Velasquez, A.J. Gallego, and R.B. Fisher: "Segmentation and 3D reconstruction of rose plants from stereoscopic images". In: Computers and Electronics in Agriculture
- 2020-01-28: New contribution accepted: Martha E. Thomae, Antonio Ríos-Vila, Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza, David Rizo, José M. Iñesta: "Retrieving Music Semantics from Optical Music Recognition by Machine Translation". In: Music Encoding Conference 2020, Massachusetts, EEUU
- 2020-01-22: New paper accepted: H. Cuevas-Velasquez, A.-J. Gallego, R. Tylecek, J. Hemming, B. van Tuijl, A. Mencarelli, and R. B. Fisher: "Real-time Stereo Visual Servoing for Rose Pruning with Robotic Arm". In: International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2020), Paris, France
- 2019-12-17: The Digital Libraries for Music Workshop (DLfM 2019) has taken place in Delft (The Nederlands) co-located with ISMIR, organized by David Rizo.
- 2019-12-17: The Degree Thesis “Holistic Recognition of Music Scores” by María Alfaro and tutorized by Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza and José M. Iñesta has been awarded with the second prize in Engineering in the 18th Archimedes University Competition of Scientific Research.
- 2019-12-17: The PhD thesis "Towards Interactive Multimodal Music Transcription" by Jose Javier Valero-Más, supervised by José M. Iñesta, has received the extraordinary award of doctorate in computer science by the University of Alicante.
- 2019-09-17: New paper presented: L. Mico, J. Oncina, J.M. Iñesta: "Adaptively learning to recognize symbols in handwritten early music". In: Music and Machine Learning Workshop at ECML/PKDD 2019.
- 2019-09-16: The Music and Machine Learning MML 2019 workshop took place successfully in Würzburg (Germany) co-located with ECML-PKDD 2019. More than 50 delegates attended the workshop.
- 2019-08-26: New paper accepted: J. Calvo-Zaragoza, A.H. Toselli, E. Vidal: "Handwritten Music Recognition for Mensural Notation with Convolutional Recurrent Neural Networks" In: Pattern Recognition Letters